Sunday, July 04, 2004

Well, I *finally* got around to cleaning up my room... although I am still far from finishing! It's been pretty gross in here, after so many months of treating my room as a "hotel" with no room service.

Some things that have surfaced:

- my MHQ karaoke membership card! =p
- a Bible study guide that I got from Urbana on "Relationships" for $1! I figured that for $1, it was virtually a no-risk investment! And it was because...

I'll be teaching the high school students on Relationships this summer at TCCC! Haha...we'll see how things go. =p I'm very excited and thankful for this opportunity, but it does mean that I will need to give my time up to God so much more. I know I haven't been very good at that for the past month... ever since I got a rest from any particular examination, I've been going out a *lot*. [Part of my "work hard, play hard" philosophy...] On one hand, it's been good to catch up with friends, or meeting new ones. But on the other, I admit I've been pretty reckless at disregarding the importance of personal quiet time to spend with God. I was reminded by one of the devotions from My Utmost for His Highest by Osward Chambers on June 18: You do not know when His voice will come to you, but whenever the realization of God comes, even in the faintest way imaginable, be determined to recklessly abandon yourself, surrendering everything to Him. And in terms of surrendering, I think I have slipped a lot from where I was, once upon a time. So now, being able to recklessly surrender my *all* is again something that I am trying to work on, by His grace...

Back to cleaning my room, at least my desk surface is more clear now. The main motivation was to do my devotions at my desk rather than on my bed; with a clean study area I'll be more inclined to study or read. Target of five out of seven...

Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: