Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm back in Lincoln, Nebraska for a few days. Despite the travelling (including the fact that I need to connect in Chicago to get here,) I do look forward to coming here because it gives me some space and some quiet time. Not that I come here a lot (and much less now that I'm in a different role,) but some some reasons it feels like "home" here. Haha, perhaps it's the quiet midwestern hospitality, perhaps it's the quiet time which I really welcome, but it could also be the following letter, which is written on a card placed on our cards every day. It's a great greeting and definitely makes me feel at home. I posted this last year when I came here for the first time, but it has since been a whole year... so here it is again. I really like it. =)

To Our Guests

In ancient times there was a prayer for
"The Stranger within our gates"

Because this hotel is a human institution to serve people, and not solely a money-making organization, we hope that God will grant you peace and rest while you are under our roof.

May this suite and hotel be your "second" home. May those you love be near you in thoughts and dreams. Even though we may not get to know you, we hope that you will be comfortable and happy as if you were in your own house.

May the business that brought you our way prosper. May every call you make and every message you receive add to your joy. When you leave, may your journey be safe.

We are all travellers. From "birth till death" we travel between the eternities. May these days be pleasant for you, profitable for society, helpful for those you meet, and a joy to those who know and love you best.


Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: