Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Sorry, I realize it’s been a LONG while… haven’t had much time to think and write, but here’s what I *was* thinking about:

Do we ever *need* a boyfriend/girlfriend?

By definition, “need” means there is a *necessity.* Perhaps this necessity demonstrates the importance of the person; that we cannot live without him/her. This may be the highest form of compliment… (recall the movie, “Needing You” =P)… demonstrating to the other person that the relationship is indispensable.

Maybe we *need* affection, need someone to care for us, to be there for us when we need it…

But… do we ever get to that level of necessity? I don’t know.

Nor am I an advocate of necessity for such things either…

Just something that I’ve been thinking about lately.. =P

Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: