Wednesday, May 29, 2002

As I mentioned in my Introduction, I'm not (really) one who likes to express my thoughts or opinions... that would require me to have some sort of logical thought process to begin with.

On the other hand, I will spare you the lacklustre details of my life:
"I went out to [an unnamed client] this morning to audit their pension fund... they situated me in an empty office, otherwise used as their new storage room! So there is no light (thank goodness it's been really sunny), and it is dusty in here! I started going through their custodian statements of their defined benefit pension plan of $XXX million dollars and started ticking away..."

Really, accounting / auditing isn't that bad. No, I'm not sarcastic.

Balance. I would have put a description in, but I needed to think about it first.

What *is* it about balance that we strive to achieve it? We (should?) strive to balance our diet, balance our time, balance our life. (Not to mention balance our chequebook; how fitting that I'm an accountant. =P)

OR, is it worth striving for at all? Does balance lead to mediocrity across the board and lack of excellence in any particular area?

Let us discuss... in the time to come. =P I really need to get work done. =P

If you have any thoughts or comments on this subject, I welcome you to share them with me at yamkaryee@hotmail.com. I will consider them in my following posts.

Until next time, then, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: