Monday, November 26, 2007

On the 40th day of Christmas...

OK, i guess the decorations only *started* to go up on November 15, but it seemed substantial enough that it felt like the countdown to Christmas was a full 40 days. Since there is no Thanksgiving holiday break here, it seems like 2 weeks was adequate break after Hallowe'en before the next batch of major decorations.

Though I do like Christmas music (especially hymns in a contemporary style), going to some malls is pretty annoying when they have the annoying children's voices of songs like "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" or "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" (if you know which recording I'm talking about).


[IFC Mall, Central]



[Telford Gardens, Kowloon Bay]


On an aside, despite the overdone consumerism that is found here, I don't know if it's better than total censure of all Christian foundations of this holiday season... I shared about the politically correct nature imposed onto teachers back home, and a comment was made that it seems even worse than China in that respect of censure... scarily, and sadly, quite true.

No comments: