Saturday, July 23, 2005

San Francisco!

Joyce and I arrived in California on Wednesday night. Teresa still had to work so just the two of us went into San Francisco as tourists. We took the CalTrain in (kind of like the Go train, but smaller) and explored the city on our own.

I like San Francisco -- it's such a laid-back west-coast city. Weather was amazing -- the Bay area gives a nice breeze. Of course, we took a tram ride, and as I mentioned before, the "conductor" Jamie gave us a short lesson how to drive it. It's pretty cool!



My "Darth Vader" friend *trying* to make it go, haha [Just put your body into it!]



No, I don't have any pictures of Darth Vader with her mask down. Of course, it doesn't matter, I could easily just post something like this and it would just as easily passed off as her. =p



Anyway, of course, we got to the Fisherman's Wharf, the piers, and expected to see the many sea lions that have taken over Pier 39. I didn't expect this!! I couldn't believe it! One lone sea lion!



We also checked out the SF Museum of Modern Art and walked around Union square for a bit before leaving for the day. All right, so I had to walk around with Darth Vader, but she had to walk around with me. Of course, a picture of me on the phone... with my big hat. =p



Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: