Monday, June 09, 2003

What excites me?

I don't know, actually, I can't really pinpoint it. For one thing, I *really* do not care about my birthday... and really, very few significant events excite me... except that I started to jump up and down when I found a classic Stabilo Boss highlighter at Grand & Toy last term... so I don't know. =p

Hm... about anniversaries... I think it's interesting to see how different people regard them. [And maybe you can enlighten me, Sherrie] but I wouldn't be bothered to celebrate subannual anniversaries! Haha... [Sherrie: I just think your 9-month blog entry was funny... =p]

I suppose my analysis is as follows:

Birthdays, anniversaries all celebrate history: the completion of milestones, but yet the journey does not end. Besides, I don't particularly wish to celebrate aging. =p The few events that *do* excite me are perhaps just the celebrations of completion, for example:

ARCT Convocation - the end of I-don't-know-how-many-years-of-piano-practising and perhaps the development of expression and passion...

CCF Grad Dinner - the end of a short period where God has developed my spiritual walk and molded me into his servant, where I have been taught by many people and where I hope to have impacted others...

and finally:

My B.Math Convocation - the end of 4 years of post-secondary education has quickly come to an end, and I invite you to come join me this Saturday, June 14 @ 12pm outside the Student Life Centre at the University of Waterloo for pictures...

Hopefully it will be as fun as stationery! =p

Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: