Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Good old Vitamin C.

The solution to signs of an oncoming cold:
Orange juice; vitamin C. Smother! Smother!...

Success!

I had a scare of a cold earlier this week, and thus ensued my usual solution. It has been crazy enough over the past two weeks... "Sleep is for the weak," yes?

Then this "cold-scare" made me once realize again: the few times that I *have* gotten sick during school terms (NOT fun...I got sick *twice* in 2A...grr...), it usually stems from my extreme self-reliance. I sometimes (oftentimes?) go on spurts of machinelikedness, running on coffee (mediums only, of course) and only stopping when i absolutely cannot go on any further. I continue to an extent, and I suppose it is when I go too far that I get sick. And every time that happens, I come to the same realization: I am simply incapable of sustaining myself.

In illness, I am incapable of depending on my own strength; I have none. The only thing that I *can* depend on, is His strength; for in His strength, I can do anything.

So now, aside from a *little* bit of caffeine, for the next three weeks, I am mainly running on his grace...

I can do anything through Him who gives me strength.
—Philippians 4:13


No comments: