Sunday, September 01, 2002

Wow, eight months have quickly flown by, and now, I should *really* be cleaning my room and preparing to pack for Waterloo, but obviously, I choose to do that later.

As I look back on my final work terms, I have a plethora of thoughts. But as usual, I tend to think too fast and my thoughts go in and go straight out. =p

Anyway, just a primer…

“It was by chance that we met,
by choice that we became friends...”


A quotation from my friend Sherrie’s site, [the person, incidentally, who did my fantastic photo shoot! Thanks Sherrie for the awesome pics! =)] who got the quotation from someone else… I don’t know. I guess it has to do with the friendships that I’ve been blessed with and which I cherish very much. I went out with my high school friends last night. It’s been a while, and I guess it’ll be a while until we all get together again… (hm.. maybe Christmas party 2003? =p) Although we will go away: Montreal, Maryland, Scotland, I think it is within our control to decide if we want to drift or not.

“It was by chance that we met,
by choice that we became friends...”


Would the same thing not apply on the opposite end, that it is our choice to stop? In any case, not that I think we will. Even if we don’t see each other for the next three years, hopefully I’ll see you guys at the next joint piano recital, hehe… =p

”The only way to have a friend is to be one.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson


(Can you not tell this is one of my favourite topics? =p
More to come…)

Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: