Monday, December 13, 2004

Hong Kong, City of Life – Day 1

Just got in not long ago! It's great to be back, although still kind of feels surreal that I'm here... The last time was about 4 years ago!

I left yesterday in a rush at 5:00am (didn't expect to leave that early =p) with no sleep... which I think is generally a good tactic to beat jetlag. However, the travel time was LONG. We stopped over in Chicago and in Tokyo, and although the layovers weren't too long (1.5 hours in Chicago and 2 hours in Tokyo – we were delayed), the wait times weren't too bad overall, considering the number of delays experienced lately...), the total travel time came to about 24 hours! Guess that's the price to pay in return for a cheaper ticket. So basically, for the past 24 hours, I have been sleeping, waking up to eat, and sleeping again! I feel fat!!! [Although I *did* end up studying for a little bit, while watching Catwoman...] I guess my point was, hopefully I get to sleep tonight after sleeping for the past day, in order for my efforts to beat jetlag to work. If travel time was 15 hours, I would be fine!

In Chicago, I enjoyed my last North American peppermint mocha from Starbucks for the year. [Apparently, they *are* available year-end, just promoted around Christmas time... but that's dangerous to know.] I need to see where the Starbucks are around HK... because I'll be dying! I can't stand the HK style coffees, and don't know if I can wean off of coffee in 3 weeks. At least, this will be good practice for lent, which I intend to do again for coffee. When I did work term here, I actually stopped drinking coffee except for social reasons!

Anyway, I'm off to bed -- and if I can't sleep, I'll work on the Pharma SRM! =P [I really did intend to work on it on the plane.]

Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: