Monday, May 17, 2004

Wow, I guess this new interface is *simple*, at least, although I just started typing so I can't really form an opinion about it yet...

Just wanted to post a quick note to achieve a generally-accepted minimum quota of at least 12 posts a year [yeah, I guess that's pretty few] -- it's amazing you guys still check this site!!

Well, April 30 has come and gone, so tax pool has been over since. Now to file my own return... =p

I am now back downtown catching up with all the work that I left a month ago, and everything has definitely piled up! [sigh]... I'm especially not looking forward to the remainder of May. On top of that, CFA is only 3 weeks away! SO... many prayers be needed for strength and energy... don't think I can really afford to sleep many more Saturdays away. =p

Otherwise, it was great this week to catch up with my UW (accounting) classmates for a couple of birthdays, considering it is (somewhat) post-busy season for all of us. It's additionally better with a designated social co-ordinator so all I need to do is print the email for the time and directions to attend the events. =)

Prayers will be needed for me to remain patient with my manager (yet another new senior manager in our group.) Following from our small group meeting on Friday, it is such a struggle to maintain our integrity as Christians at work, and it basically stems from pride [like... it was natural for me *not* to respect this guy because he doesn't seem to know Canadian GAAP at all.] But there's no excuse -- we are to lead worshipful lives, and doing so means that we need to get rid of *everything* that displeases God, and most difficultly, that is our pride. And even when we *do* keep our cool and act the way we're supposed to, the next challenge is to avoid being proud of being humble. Tricky... tricky...

Praise God for giving me the opportunity to play for worship at church! It has been something that I wanted to do for a long time now. It'll take a lot more time for me to get comfortable at the front of the TCCC sanctuary though; the size of the congregation is *much* more daunting than the intimate setting of KWCAC in Waterloo.

Back to studying...Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: