Sunday, March 28, 2004

So I guess it's been a while since I've *thought* about anything... at least, nothing worth blogging about. =p

For the past while, whenever anyone asked me how I was, I would just respond with, "As usual... work is busy..." And of course, this *is* the accountant's busy season -- most companies have December 31 fiscal year-ends, so right afterwards (i.e., January and on) is when the AUDIT begins... I don't do have anything to do with tax or the tax season! [That's just something separate.]

But as I reflect on the past few months, I look back and see God's hand along the way, even if I didn't have much to say going through it... various reflections:

TCCC - Toronto Chinese Community Church - I have always considered this church to be my home church since high school, despite hardly coming back during my five years of university. Upon graduation, I was quite motivated to come back and "re-integrate", even though it is often something very difficult to do. Nonetheless, circumstances arose and I answered the call to become a small group leader, despite not knowing anyone (the church has grown tremendously over these five years!). However, God answered my prayers of coming back to TCCC, and it has been a huge blessing.

Without this small group, I don't think I would have been able to get out of this busy season pretty much scot-free... they definitely helped ground me after a number of busy weeks at work... ("Guys...for tonight's program can we just pray and sing... I can't handle doing anything more than that....!!") [The nice thing about leading... you can do whatever you want... =P but of course, I'm willing to do what *you* guys want too!!! =)] And these people (and the other small groups) are definitely the start of our community at TCCC -- not to mention the changing face of the English congregation choir. =)



No comments: