Friday, January 23, 2004

Kung hei fat choi / Gong xi fa cai!

Too bad Chinese New Year (CNY -- too lazy to type it out!) crept up on me this year... I would have loved to go to First Markham with people on the weekend and join in with the crowds, but I didn't realize last weekend was the only weekend before CNY... the joy of working a lot... [sigh]... oh well, I'll have my mahjongg fix tomorrow night, haha.

I totally miss CNY in Hong Kong... especially having experienced it while working. For the people who go to work on CNY, no one does any work! All the staff basically scope out the partners and managers who are handing out red pockets, and everyone lines up! No shame! And then onto the next one! It doesn't even matter that as auditors, we don't know the managers at the client's! Really funny, but really fun!

I also remember going with my aunts to the mountain cemetary by public transportation... so when we got onto the bus, here comes a person bringing an entire cooked roast pig onto the bus, complete with cherry eyes and everything! Incredible Chinese people! But the [yeet lau]-ness is the best! Haha...


Until next time, this is Gladys Yam.

No comments: