Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Praise God. =)

It's this time of year again... if you know what I'm referring to. =p

In any case, I guess this is supposedly also kind of a "big year," with graduation, UFE, and whatnot... and yes, I praise God for bringing me through these five years of development. But as these five years draw to a close, these accomplishments were not the significant things that touched me today...

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from an old friend in Toronto. We were never really that close, and we didn't talk very much throughout my university life, but there were those times before when I guess I took some time to listen to his ranting and helped him figure some stuff out. It is humbling to see that he remembers and still appreciated little things like that... it has been very encouraging to receive simple notes from a number of people... much more appreciated than any gift I could ask for.

I am not proud of the many friendships with which God has blessed me over all these years...

But I am in awe from seeing how God has worked throughout all of my friendships, to know that people are touched and inspired and challenged not by my prompting or wisdom, but by His guidance and work... it is truly amazing to know that it is God who has used me in my weaknesses, and to be blessed with seeing the many fruits of his work.

It has been nice to hear from many old friends back in Toronto, and I look forward to going home and reconnecting from where we left off. And to a select audience, you know who you are, it does not mean that I will disconnect my friendships here, but that God will continue to challenge you in many different ways... as He continues to challenge me in many different ways in my new, old environment...

Praise God. =)

"Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge Him.
As surely as the sun rises,
He will appear;
He will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth."
-- Hosea 6:3

No comments: